Honey Cupcakes with Salted Honey Buttercream!
140 of them!
With salted honey buttercream on top!
With chunky sea salt on top! Yum yum yum…
I discovered honey cake when I lived in Tel-Aviv several years ago. I’ve tried many recipes, and this is by far my favorite one. While honey cake is traditionally served as a loaf or sheet cake that is drizzled with honey and almonds, it makes a fabulous cupcake.
Honey Cake Recipe (from Marcy Goldman)
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup honey
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup warm coffee
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup whisky
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Make a well in the center and add the oil, honey, sugars, eggs, vanilla, coffee, orange juice, and rye or whisky.
- Using a strong wire whisk or an electric mixer on slow speed, combine the ingredients well tot make a thick batter, making sure that no ingredients are stuck to the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan(s) and bake until the cake springs back when you touch it gently in the center.
- Let the cake stand for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan. Then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Subscribe to comments with RSS.